Share This

Search

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Watch Jodi Arias trial live streaming online, May 15, 2013 (videos)

On May 15, 2013, Jodi Arias returns to the Maricopa County Superior Courthouse where she will face the next phase of her trial: aggravation. The purpose of the trial's hearing today will be to determine if Jodi Arias (who was recently convicted of first-degree murder) used unusual cruelty when she killed

Travis Alexander, 30, on June 4, 2008. The hearing will be like a mini trial with the same jurors in attendance who deliberated on Arias' fate.

The medical examiner who testified during court, Kevin Horn, is expected to take the stand and explain to the jury whether Travis Alexander was conscious during the attack, if he knew his life was in danger, and if he felt being stabbed 29 times and if he could have been aware of the fact his throat had been sliced nearly from ear to ear.

Should the jury determine that Jodi Arias murdered Travis Alexander in a cruel and heinous fashion, they may choose to sentence Jodi Arias to death.

A surprise hearing was held in the Arias case on May 14, 2013, it is unclear exactly what the hearing was about, but it is possible it was in reference to Arias' interview with Fox 10 Phoenix, granted immediately following her guilty conviction.

Jodi Arias has made several past statements regarding wanting the death penalty. She stated, "Personally, if I had my choice, I would take the death penalty.
Listen, if I`m found guilty, I don`t have a life.  I just wanted to die. I wanted to just -- I just wanted it to be done."

Some have argued that if she truly felt that way, she wouldn't have taken the stand in her defense and testified on her own behalf for more than two weeks.

In a previous, jailhouse conviction, Jodi Arias said, "If I hurt Travis, if I killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty. I don`t want to spend the rest of my life in prison."

Jodi Arias reiterated the remarks in another interview immediately following her conviction. She explained, "The worst outcome for me would be natural life. I would much rather die sooner than later. Longevity runs in my family, and I don't want to spend the rest of my natural life in one place ... I said years ago that I'd rather get death than life, and that still is true today. I believe death is the ultimate freedom, so I'd rather just have my freedom as soon as I can get it."

You may watch today's court proceedings live in the video player below. They are scheduled to begin at 12 p.m.

Do you think Jodi Arias deserves the death penalty?



Stream videos at Ustream

(live stream from www.azfamily.com)Watch the trial on you mobile device• To watch live video of the Arias trial on your iPhone or iPad, just download the appropriate free app from iTunes. Once the app is installed, just scroll down to the Live Video tile. Tap it to start the stream.
• To watch on Android devices, download the free Ustream app from Google Play. In the Ustream app, click the Search button. Search for azfamily. Tap the the 3TV thumbnail and then click play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books