Thursday, May 9, 2013

Watch Jodi Arias trial live May 9, 2013 as jury decides on death penalty (streaming videos online)

On May 9, 2013, Jodi Arias returned to the Superior County courthouse where a jury of her peers will determine whether she used extreme cruelty when she murdered Travis Alexander on June 4, 2008. Jodi Arias faces the death penalty and today's testimony is expected to consist of autopsy photos and a  thorough breakdown of how Arias murdered Alexander when she stabbed him 29 times, slit his throat from ear-to-ear and shot the 30-year-old business man in the head.

Jodi Arias granted an interview immediately following her first-degree murder conviction where she said she wants to be put to death, as she has "longevity" in her family. Many find her remarks little more than reverse psychology trying to get the idea that giving her life would be a greater punishment then putting her to death.

Jodi Arias stated, "The worst outcome for me would be natural life. I would much rather die sooner than later. Longevity runs in my family and I don't want to spend the rest of my natural life in one place. You know, I'm pretty healthy, I don't smoke and I would probably live a long time. So that's not something I'm looking forward to."

If Arias were to get the death penalty, it would take approximately 10 to 12 years before she was executed.

You may watch live coverage of the aggravation phase of the Jodi Arias trial in the video player below.
Live video from your iPhone using Ustream

Books